Pride Tie-Dye Event

Mitchell Bretz

On Friday, October 21st, several members of P.R.I.D.E. and allied students met in front of Neu Chapel to make tie-dye shirts. This event was a great opportunity for students to learn a new craft, as well as hang out with P.R.I.D.E. and get to know the organization.

People Respecting Individual Diversity Everywhere, or P.R.I.D.E, has been active on campus for over two decades. Their goal is to provide LGBTQ+ students with a safe and welcoming environment, as well as make others aware of the challenges that the community continues to face.

“P.R.I.D.E. is a space on campus where queer students are welcome,” said P.R.I.D.E president Chloe Prince. “We do a lot of different and cool programming surrounding queer topics, and we also really want to get more allies involved.”

Chloe also shared concerns about issues on campus regarding queer students: “There have been a lot of aggressive comments. A big issue has been pronouns not being used correctly. Students need a community like this on campus, because a lot of us aren’t out or don’t feel comfortable being open back home.”

In addition to the tie-dye event, P.R.I.D.E. also hosted a pride parade over the weekend that benefited several charities.

There are more small events planned throughout the semester.

P.R.I.D.E. meets at SOBA 272 every Tuesday and Friday at 6:00. They can be reached at uepride@gmail.com, and on Instagram @ue_pride.

Share With Friends!